FRESH, FUNKY & COLOURFUL LITTLE GIRLS CLOTHING

*

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Inspiration for winter

It has been a while since I have written something on my blog...
Had a very nice quiet time with Rose.
Just before we are going on a holiday to New Zealand, very much looking forward to that, I wanted to give you a little rose update.
I am working on winter at the moment, so much fun! Though a bit hard with 40 degrees Celsius. I have found my inspiration again in Europe where it is very cold at the moment. My family and friends are sending me pictures of frozen lakes and snow! I must say that I do miss the cold with the rain, ice and snow.
When I lived in Delft I used to travel to Paris a lot for work. It was only 3 hours away by train, which was wonderful. I love Paris. Love the architecture, the greyness of the city and the beautiful vintage colourful furniture. Chanel and Louis Vuitton. The eccentric people, art and not to forget the patisserie.
No wonder that I was drawn like so many others to this place for inspiration.
While I was thinking of Paris, France and Chanel I came to think of Marie Antoinette and have to say that I simply adored the Kirsten Dunst version. Not so much the movie itself but the presentation of Kirsten playing Marie Antoinette. She is in my mind all the time when designing the new little rose winter range!
I will keep you updated...

No comments:

Post a Comment